Did you have big plans for outdoor renovations that didn’t get done last year? More and more people are choosing to “staycation” instead of travel, and now is the perfect time to think ahead for next season. It is never too early to plan for those outdoor improvements, additions, or complete makeovers. From outdoor kitchens and fire features, to patios and gardens, proper planning is important to ensure the right design, schedule (and more importantly budget!), is met, so you can enjoy next season at your “resort-style” outdoor living space that you can call your own!
Looking for ideas? Here are a few outdoor living trends to help inspire you.
- Paver Patios: Bringing the indoors out will never go out of style. Whether your style is contemporary, modern, or classic, there is a paver that will work for your outdoor patio. Read up on some of the emerging outdoor paver trends here.
- Fire Features: Whether it’s snuggling up next to a fire or roasting marshmallows over the open flame, an outdoor fire is enjoyed by adults and kids alike, plus it adds value to your home when it comes time to sell. A wood burning firepit or a gas lit fire table with fireglass are a few of the many ways to create a warm and inviting fire that fits your style.
- Gardens: Do you live in an urban area with a small garden footprint? Or are you in the suburbs with more outdoor space? Either way, creating a serene outdoor garden is definitely on point this season. Balcony gardens, raised garden beds, cottage gardens… there is something for everyone.
- Low-Maintenance Design: We’ve been moving more towards a more minimalistic design trend for years, and to no surprise! People want a landscape that looks good but requires little work. The number one request from our customers is “no maintenance”. While we have to explain there is no such thing as “no maintenance”, we can prioritize and provide low maintenance designs. This could include drought tolerant plants, perennials over annuals, selecting trees and shrubs that require minimal pruning, stonework, and much more. Our landscape designers are well versed in plant selections and working with customers to meet their needs.
- Outdoor Kitchens: Warm weather months are an ideal time to enjoy dining alfresco. Outdoor kitchens continue to grow in popularity, as people are choosing to spend more time enjoying their yards. Plan early, set a budget, and work with a professional landscaper to make sure all your needs are met, but more importantly, that it is functionally designed.
- Lighting: Landscape lighting is always a topic of discussion with our customers. The right lighting not only accents the house and landscaping, but also increases its security and safety. The right lighting can make a world of difference between a good landscape and a great landscape, and the choices are endless with LED options, color changing lights, and wireless controls.
Are you inspired? Now is the time to get on the schedule for spring and summer installs. Call us today and one of our landscape designers will reach out to you to schedule your free consultation.